Sunday, June 1, 2008

19.5 Hours Hell Ride...

If you're thinking of travelling by train to any parts of Malaysia, please reconsider!

Take a bus or ride a bicycle, I guarantee that it'll be faster than the KTMB (Keretapi Tak Mau Berjalan)...

Last Thursday, the crew went to Kota Bahru to attend Eric's wedding. We (Rahul, Theresa, myself, Celine, Michael, Li Li, Elvin, Daryl, Kaven, Patrick & Evelyn) boarded the train at 8.30pm, knowing that it's gonna be a blast on board. The ETA was supposed to be at 9.36am the next morning and I was pondering how precise can they estimate. If KTMB can print 9.36am on the ticket, it has be 9.36am arrival.

Reached Seremban station after 2.5 hours when it was supposed to take 1 hour 15 mins... The train stopped for another half hour. A miserable start to a very very long journey!

Arrived at Gemas station, the last southern stop at 1.20am, at least 3.5 hours behind schedule.




Gemas Station


We realised something was wrong when the train stopped for more than half hour. When we asked one of the KTMB staff, they told us 'Sekejap lagi boleh jalan' and this was the same answer we got for the next 2 hours. Took a short nap and realised the train was moving a little. I woke up again at 4.20am, the train was still at the Gemas station.... OMG!!!



At 1.20 am...








5.20am... Still hasn't moved!!!


Apparently, the pressure to the brakes on each carriage was malfunctioning!!! As the technicians went around knocking and banging the undercarriages, the rest of the crew were sound asleep.




I found this guy at the wheels falling asleep!!!


Rahul, Michael and myself 'lepaked' at the cafeteria till about 6.00am before the train finally left the station...

Guess what, we reached Kota Bharu at 4.00PM!!!!!

I WILL NOT take a train anymore in my life!!!


KL to KB - 19.5 hours

Time spent in KB - 26 hours

KB to KL - 16.5 hours


At this time, my body is still disoriented and disillusioned from the bumpy train ride.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elvin: KTM Boleh! Hidup KTM in maintaining its standard! (tak pernah berubah bertahun-tahun!)

Kaven Kan said...

NO FOOD NO AIR CORN TOILET IS DIRTY... everything is not good! There goes my weekend. I am suppose to be in Bangkok with my darling hubby! ERIC! YOU OWE ALL OF US A MEAL!!!

Anonymous said...

It wasn't my fault the train was delayed.... :) Anyway, thx guys for attending my wedding. The best wedding present for me and my wife. I'll buy you all lunch.... when I strike 4D. Hahaha.....